Jeanne Baudot's father, Emile, was doctor to French artist Auguste Renoir's relatives when they lived in Louveciennes.
In 1893, she met Auguste Renoir through her cousin Paul Gallimard, an art collector. Renoir travelled from his studio in Montmartre to meet the aspiring painter and give his opinion on her work. Renoir was so impressed with what he saw that soon she became his only pupil.
Form 1897 to 1914, she lived at 4, Rue du Général Leclerc in Louveciennes, where Renoir had his workshop.
She became the godmother of Auguste Renoir's second son, Jean Renoir, at the Saint-Pierre de Montmartre church, while Georges Durand-Ruel was the godfather. Throughout her life she stayed close to Jean Renoir, who became a film director. He wrote the preface of the exhibition catalogue of her retrospective in 1960 at Galerie Durand-Ruel.
Auguste Renoir painted several portraits of Jeanne Baudot. They became great friends, accomplices and confidants. They painted side by side, in the studio of the painter, in the studio of Jeanne and outside, in the countryside, in Louveciennes, in the South and elsewhere, chatting cheerfully. He gave her advice, and shared his own concerns, such as those caused by his talks with the representatives of the State to make them accept the paintings bequeathed by Gustave Caillebotte.
Maurice Denis painted Auguste Renoir and Miss Jeanne Baudot in 1906.
Jeanne Baudot was a childhood friend of painter Julie Manet, the daughter of Berthe Morisot and Eugène Manet, and appears in many instances of Manet's diary.
Her name was given to a street in Louveciennes.
1905, Paris, Salon d'Automne.
1906, Paris, Salon des indépendants.
1925, Paris, Salon des Tuileries.
1930, Paris, Galerie Dru from November to December 1930.
1950, Paris, Galerie Durand-Ruel, from April 28 to May 15, 1950.
1966, Paris, Galerie Durand-Ruel, Dame & Demoiselles – Blanche Hoschedé, Jeanne Baudot, Paule Gobillard, from June 16 to July 29, 1966.
1960, Paris, Galerie Durand-Ruel, Rétrospective Jeanne Baudot. 1877-1957, from January 23 to February 13, 1960.