1824 - 1895
Henri Pierre Picou was a pupil of Delaroche and Gleyre. He first exhibited at the Paris Salon of 1847 and was awarded second prize in the Grand Prix de Rome in 1853. He also received a silver medal in 1857. Picou executed frescoes in the church of Bon Secours in Nantes in 1858 and also in the chapel of the Holy Apostles in the church of St-Roch.
Museum and Gallery Holdings
Aix: Cleopatra and Anthony on the River Cydnus
Amiens: Cleopatra Scorned by Caesar Octavianus
Nantes: Celebration of Nature; The River Styx; The Miraculous Draught of Fishes
Sorry, there are no artworks available at present.